Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2010, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Dec 2010 09:29:40 -0800
From:         Matt Thyer <matt_thyer@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: On the road.................a couple of issues!
Comments: To: Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

Also items to check in the front end.

1) Tie rod ends 2) Upper A-arm bushings 3) Lower Ball joint bushings 4) Universal joint in the steering column 5) Spare tire (make sure it's secure, it can rattle a whole hell of a lot if it becomes lose).

If the noise is only coming from the front end, these are possible causes in addition to the wheel races and bearings (which aren't on the list because you're already looking at them). I just had my front end completely rebuilt after a ride in Zeno started to feel like a trip on the inside of a gravel mixer. I was *sure* it was the bearings, but guess what, they were good on both sides. I mean really good! Additional to the noise from the front end was a sound from the rear which happened to be Zeno needing new CV assembles.

Good luck and happy New Year,

MT