Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2010, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 Dec 2010 19:12:42 -0700
From:         Robert Stevens <mtbiker62@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: The Looks.....(vanagon envy?)/Winter Camping Prep

Dave,

You have probably already seen this mentioned on one list or another, but .... consider installing a "thermal barrier" across the interior top of your camper living space. Richard Jones did it first and sent the idea long to me. Using a polypro blanket and installing snaps around the front and sides of it, then in corresponding spots on the metal horizontal face interior, the rear of it just tucks in between the foam upper bed pads. It serves to trap whatever heat is being generated in the living space, and considerably ameliorates the effects of the ambient temps coming through the canvas walls above. Makes a very big difference in the effectiveness of the Propex.