Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Jan 2011 18:32:16 -0800
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Installed Long Coolant Pipes Wrong? (Pic)
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@gmail.com>

Thanks Craig.

Yah I don't know what I was thinking when putting them in! ;)

I stared and stared at Bentley. But partly because of the way the image was drawn P.19.12, or the way I "saw" it, I just wasn't absolutely certain which way the pipes went in. In hindsight I see how obvious it is! I used FLAPS style hoses at the rad, so made things fit. :)

pic of used 1.9 hoses and new FLAPS side by side: http://tinyurl.com/2upjy5d

Oh well. I did some trial runs test fitting the tank. After loosening pipe clamps at front, Tank lip easily seats flush to frame and the filler pipe position is slightly better.

I stopped by Van Wonder here in North Vancouver today. A Westy with a 70 mm fill opening style fuel tank at was up on the lift. The filler pipe is centered much better on hole in frame and lip of tank is NOT seated flush to the frame.

I recall almost getting air time at ~ 40-50 mph on a paved side road. Maybe I bent the body. I doubt it though. I still suspect that the tank is at fault. (fill hole location)

Oh yah and I blame my tools too. ;)

Neil.

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 6:02 PM, craig cowan <phishman068@gmail.com> wrote: > I just looked at that picture, and those pipes are not on properly. > The two pipes should touch. One "mount" for both. > The heater hoses, suspended below them. (in my experience). > > -Craig > > -- Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco"

http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines