Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Jan 2011 17:29:30 -0800
From:         Gary Bawden <goldfieldgary@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Muffler clamp question
Comments: cc: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

Hi Don,

Most hardware stores carry a limited selection of steel stock bits and pieces, try looking there, often you can find some perforated steel strap about 1/16" thick and maybe 1" wide and galvanized, much heavier duty than the plumber's tape that was mentioned. I recently bought a couple of pieces for another project, very strong material, almost overkill for a muffler, but if you're like me maybe you like a bit of overkill :^).

Gary