Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Jan 2011 21:41:49 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tools
Comments: To: Rob <becida@COMCAST.NET>

I concur .. go to a real parts store and get real automotive crimp connectors and some shrinkable tubing. .

I don't even walk in the door of HF anymore ... ( with exceptions .....there are some decent heavy duty things in steel that are good for what you pay ) ... but mostly .. I got tired of buying stuff that didn't last a week. And even if they take it back.. the hour it takes, the aggravation .. it's much better not to even go in the store in the first place quite often.

yes, HF would buy from suppliers that push the cheapness of the materials to the very edge of being able to work...then they push it 10 % further ..then they offer it to you very cheaply.

and don't buy their 2 dollar box of 30 or hose clamps. they're not worth the cheap metal they're made of. truly a waste of human energy. much of it just ends up in landfill.

but SOME of their stuff ...like say a two wheel dolly/hand truck... ..no problems at all and good price.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob" <becida@COMCAST.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 7:25 PM Subject: Re: Tools