Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:59:10 -0600
From:         Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>
Subject:      Re: Tools
Comments: To: Tom Hargrave <thargrav@HIWAAY.NET>

Even the ones at Ace Hardware are made in Asia. I'll try NAPA though.

Thanks

DM&FS

At 08:41 PM 1/10/2011, Tom Hargrave wrote: >My experience with Harbor Freight electrical connectors is they are junk. > >You are better off buying your terminals at your local parts store. > >Tom >www.towercooler.com > >-----Original Message----- >From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM] On Behalf Of >Rob >Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 8:01 PM >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >Subject: Tools > >I'm on the road to BBTB visiting on the way down, I'm taking a 'quiet >day'. I'm redoing some wiring stuff (working on my Vanagon 'because I >want to' is relaxing for me). > >I went to my tool bag and found something missing.... >http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa190/becida/Tools/Tools.jpg > >The extra visegrips I bought just for the tool bag were not what I >was thinking of (they are at home-need more), the long 17mm wrench >sitting on my bench at home was not what I meant either. The breaker >bar and socket are still under the back seat, the extra 12-13-14 mm >wrenches, 6 way screw driver, pliers and head lamp on the far back >shelf are where they belong. The extra 10mm wrench is by the start >battery where it belongs. The LED penlight is in the drivers door >next to the folding knife (with seat belt cutter). > >What's missing is my zip lock bag with the electrical connectors, >rings & splices... I'm not sure when or why I took that out, if i can >find a Harbor Freight tomorrow I'll fix that. > > > >Rob >becida@comcast.net >Western WA state with a Subaru powered '84 Westy