Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:08:27 -0500
From:         Werner Schink <werner.calnr@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Stinkin' Audi Rims

Jeff,

If the tires are off the rims you might try what I did. I got my rims bored out at a place that bores out engine blocks. The used the same equipment -- it lines up the cylinder using one tool - the engine block is locked in place - and then bores out the engine cylinder using a cutting tool. Same technique for the wheels -- line up the wheel so it's centered and straight using the first tool -- lock it in place -- then bore out the hub to the desired diameter and depth. It only took about a half hour for 5 rims.

Werner in Sacto