Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Jan 2011 14:11:08 -0600
From:         Ry <rylincoln@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      AVP Engine for sale

I looked at the list etiquette<http://gerry.vanagon.com/info/etiquette.html>and didn't see anything saying we couldn't post items for sale to list. If I'm breaking a rule then please let me know and I'll not do it again and you can delete my message.

Hi I'm Ry Blaisdell. I have stuff for sale. I'm in Bryan, TX.<http://goo.gl/maps/DMmt>

Complete 2.1 liter engine. Purchased through BusDepot<http://busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=025100771>, which sources them from AVP <http://www.avpworldwide.com/>in California. *The good:* Installed the motor ~1 year ago/10,000 miles ago. Motor runs great. New AFM(not rebuilt) Has tencentlife external oil cooler(will sell separately) *MOTOR IS NOT A TENCENTLIFE MOTOR* A/C compressor working when removed(blowing cold ~41F at front vent) Pwr steering pump working Alternator working (has reinforced bracket installed from gowesty) Includes complete exhaust with newish Catalytic Converter ECU included if you want it with partial wiring harness(I had to cut off some plugs to use for the Subaru conversion)

Does not include pressure plate or clutch.

*The bad:* Rear main seal(the one that is behind the flywheel, I *will not* argue with you about semantics of rear versus front main seals.) This leaked from day one. Not bad, just a drip. The drip rate was approximately 1/2 US quart per 3,000 miles at time of engine removal.

That's all that's bad. It'd be easy to replace with the motor out right now.

I will ship if someone wants to pay shipping, but would much prefer a local pickup or nearby delivery.

Some pictures installed.<http://picasaweb.google.com/rylincoln/OilCoolerKit?feat=directlink> Some more pictures at time of engine install.<http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/tW9WscQspmQKi4cxnwQUJw?feat=directlink> Poor picture of motor post removal<http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/saU66lTQe2H0pdGrCzWTbw?feat=directlink>. (motor for sale is on the engine stand *NOT* to be confused with the new motor in foreground)

All things negotiable via Private Mail.

best regards, -Ry http://www.google.com/profiles/rylincoln