Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Jan 2011 14:31:46 -0800
From:         Don Hundt <dhundt@BENDBROADBAND.COM>
Subject:      Re: Sound deadening and door speakers
Comments: To: Mike <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET>

Mike, I am a builder, I have seen and used ice and water shield products with and without the granules. As explained by my roofer, the product with the granules is typically used on a steeper roof or in wet conditions, so that a roofer who steps on the product will not take a quick ride to the ground. The non-granular stuff is pretty slick, especially with a bit of water or snow on it. I would imagine that either would work about the same as sound deadening, but the smooth product may be better in a multi layered application where one layer would have to stick to the one beneath. YMMV, Don ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike" <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2011 1:34 PM Subject: Re: Sound deadening and door speakers