Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Jan 2011 21:19:05 -0800
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Pop top insulation
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com>

Life is all about assumptions Loren! We assume that that guy coming the other way in the semi will stay on his side of the dotted line, stop at the stop sign, etc.

A partially open rear hatch might attract evildoers where a tightly buttoned up van wouldn't and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to take it apart...

Personally, I just went ahead a made several of them while I was at it - gave one away and still have two choices. I'll probably give one of those away - open is open, right? ;)

Seeya, Jake

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Jake de Villiers < > crescentbeachguitar@gmail.com> wrote: > >> Hey Loren, unless you solder the turnbuckle solid, its pretty easy to spin >> the barrel off and get into the van that way... > > > There are a couple of assumptions there. First, that I'm going to leave > the van that way. Second, assuming I did, that some thief would figure out > what was there and then take the time to unscrew the turnbuckle. In such a > case a thief that is serious about getting inside the van is just going to > break a window anyway, much faster. Since I have no intention of leaving > the van unattended with the hatch latch in place I'm not going to worry > about it. And that gives me an adjustable hatch latch..... > >> >> >> >> >

-- Jake

1984 Vanagon GL 1.9 WBX - 'The Grey Van' 1986 Westy Weekender/2.5 SOHC Subie - 'Dixie'

Crescent Beach, BC

www.thebassspa.com www.crescentbeachguitar.com http://subyjake.googlepages.com/mydixiedarlin%27