Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:58:36 +0700
From:         Frank Condelli <ralanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Pop top insulation

Well, folks, don't know what rock you all been hiding under BUT, I have had this insulation, made by me, with the full instructions on how to do it, posted on my Poptop Insulation webpage for more than five years. I originally got the plan that I modified from the Quebec Westfalia Club, who had it published long, long, long ago. AND, to boot this was an official WesLast year, I modified it to work inside after seeing the one that Mike Collum had which came from Jonce. Much easier to put up late at night in a snowstorm. It was an easy conversion from outside to inside. So go have a look at my plan, make it yourself or buy it from Jonce whatever, but it WORKS. We camp in very cold conditions with top popped, sleep upstairs, and have a Propex, You all do know I am the official Propex dealer for CANADA ! Well, there ya go, I guess you gotta learn something new every day ! All this coming to you from the Island of Koh Chang, Thailand, while sipping a cold Chang in the hot summer sun, reading the Vanagon List !

On 2011-01-23, at 10:36 AM, Automatic digest processor wrote:

> have been thinking of that lately and wonder if the bubble wrap with silv= > er foil on both sides wouldnt be perfect. It is rigid enough that it looks= > like you can just cut a slightly large pie shape for the sides and push th= > em into place. And they coud stow flat up above the mattress when the top = > is down. =20

Please note that I will be away from my business travelling from December 06 until April 30, 2011. Parts orders will be processed although not as quickly as usual. I will always be available for contact by E-mail. If you phone your call will be addressed by Greg T. Brown here and he will either call you back or advise you to contact me directly by E-mail. Details of this adventure are on our Travel Blog: http://frankcondelli.com/travels/

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 Westy & Lionel Trains (Collection for sale) Frank Condelli & Associates - Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley Vanagon Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems BusFusion a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 09 ~ 12, 2011