Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:50:31 -0600
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Transport Q: 4 those familiar with GoWesty Bumpers
Comments: To: Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

I would not attach the bumpers to the roof of a Prius. The skin of the Prius is quite thin. mcneely

---- Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET> wrote: > Can always use corrugated cardboard wrapped around the whole mess and secured with 2" packing tape and lots of rope and strap it to the roof, even if you have to climb inside somehow with the junk FIRMLY attached on top (don't want no SIG Alerts!!!).  If the whole mess fits inside with the rear hatch open, even better.  And of course make sure they have them ready for pick up before you leave.  Also...get tempted by a few more of their offerings....those guys are good....how 'bout those wiper blades?  You're probably ready for a new set!  I mean the ones that are longer on the driver side and shorter on the passenger side...I bought a set and they are the way to GO!  > > > > > --- On Thu, 1/27/11, Oxroad <oxroad@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > > From: Oxroad <oxroad@GMAIL.COM> > Subject: Transport Q: 4 those familiar with GoWesty Bumpers > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Date: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 6:47 PM > > Hey Folks-- > > I'm hatching a plan to save some money on the shipping of the GoWesty Steel > Plate Bumpers by picking them up in my hatchback. > (Right now I have more time than money and brains.) > > I have a generation 2 Prius which is the hatchback with fold down rear > seats. I have fit one Vanagon > front fiberglass bumper in the Prius with no problem. > > My question is: Is there anything about the GoWesty bumpers that will > obviously make my trip up there worthless. > Specifically, I'm fairly sure the bumpers have no brackets on the rear > bumper or anything that make them larger than they appear. > (I assume I'll use my stock rear brackets.) > > Any advice or heckling would be appreciated. > > Thanks, > Jeff > 83.5 Westy > LA,CA

-- David McNeely