Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Jan 2011 19:40:05 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday rant: fabric stores and sewing
Comments: To: "Mark L. Hineline" <hineline@OCOTILLOFIELD.NET>

All cool Mark. re the Patagonia stuff .. my friends in the outdoor retail biz used to call it Patagucci since it was so expensive .. like $ 400 for a top end shell jacket. Also founded by the famous climber Yvon Chinaird and known for putting 10 % or something like that in to green and good causes. And they were the first to come out with fleece made from recylcle plastic bottles.

In terms of great design , I do want to mention Mountian Hardware. I don't care what it is .. any Mountina Hardware garment or anything has been beyond perfect .. just incredible design and materials. like 'perfect fit' on a jacket, but you can move around well in it too, don't overheat, etc.

12 sewing machines ! that's as many vanagons as I have ( 7 or so for sale btw ) .

nice post of yours Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark L. Hineline" <hineline@OCOTILLOFIELD.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 7:01 PM Subject: Re: Friday rant: fabric stores and sewing