Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 29 Jan 2011 08:05:04 -0800
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Portable Toilets - Which chemicals do you use?
Comments: To: mcneely4@COX.NET

I know, somedays its seems we can't do anything without screwing up one habitat or another, but I think we'd all be surprised at the amount of moss harvested. I don't know what an "inactive" bog is, except to think of it as something similar to peat deposits. You know the story on how bogs are formed, no need to repeat that here, so what do you think "inactive" means.

I take the question back, its not Friday anymore :)

I have heard that in New Zealand there is a company that claims to practice sustainable moss harvesting. Also, some folk propose coir as a sustainable substitute.

But as I am such a misanthrope, I have another answer... let these hominids have their day, after they screw things up and then become extinct, the earth can get back to business :)

alistair