Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Feb 2011 12:53:10 -0500
From:         Joe Luther <jluther@ALFONS-HAAR.US>
Subject:      New to list and to Vanagons

Hey everybody -

I just picked up an 83 Vanagon that is very clean and original but has two 2.0 FI gas engines in pieces (one with 87k and a bad head and a replacement with 60k torn down for inspection). Also have a few tubs of various spares from the PO tearing down another Vanagon in a yard somewhere. The last air cooled engine I had apart was a 1600 dual port back before my kids were born (1993) so it will be a bit of a learning curve. I should have a line on a Bentley manual so hopefully that will make things a little easier. I've always liked vanagons but rarely see any decent examples here in the salt belt of SW Ohio.

I can post up a link to the CL ad for my Vanagon if anyone is interested.

I've had over 100 cars and trucks of various kinds, mostly Volvos and watercooled VWs with some aircooled VW's and 60's Chevy trucks etc sprinkled in. Currently have a 99 Subaru Forester (preparing to gack another head gasket), a 97 Volvo 855, a 93 Volvo 945, and a 92 Dodge Cummins TD truck (with half the roof cut off for rust repair).

I will no doubt have plenty of entertaining questions as we go along but I'll try not to ask them twice.

Joe