Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Feb 2011 10:07:35 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Silly question on AC vs WC Vanagons
Comments: To: Joe Luther <jluther@ALFONS-HAAR.US>

Entirely doable. Best is to have a water-cooled donor vanagon . that way you'll have the whole dash area- heater box with heater core, fan, controls, etc. and the radiator and it's fan and all that stuff...main coolant pipes etc. It's better to cut a front lower grill opening in your van's body too......etc..

lot of work, but people do it. I have most that stuff, including entire donor unrusted van bodies with lots of that stuff still in them. located in southern Oregon.

if you don't mind the time and 'building the whole' thing .. go for it. I would find it a very rewarding project myself.

really ...it's mostly nut and bolt work, not much fabrication. I'd suggest an 83 or later, just for the radiator that's the common better one ( better than the 82 DV metal radiator ) . for main coolant pipes.. I like good used metal ones over used plastic ones, and of course you can buy new stainless steel after market ones .. though those can cost as much as an entire dead donor vanagon body/chassis. If it's at all logistically practical for you, I have several donor vanagons to choose from.

Scott www.turbovans.com southern Oregon just off I-5 ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Luther" <jluther@ALFONS-HAAR.US> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2011 5:35 AM Subject: Silly question on AC vs WC Vanagons