Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Feb 2011 21:13:13 -0800
From:         Paul <wognacious@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Hot Cat
Comments: To: HotelWestfalia <zolo@foxinternet.net>

I replaced the distributor cap and rotor to make sure a good spark is getting to all the cylinders and it still seems as though one might not be firing. I say this because there is what feels like a slight vibration when I shift into the higher gears, almost like something is out of balance. Like maybe one cylinder is not firing. This is purely speculation on my part but after driving a vehicle for many years you can tell when something is amiss. After driving home this eve the power was again lacking and the cat was red hot when I got home, not good. I'm going to put a hollowed out one on tomorrow and hopefully eliminate the clogged cat theory and work back from there. Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions, I will keep the list posted as to the progress of my dilemma. The one thing that keeps bugging me is the fact that it was running oh so sweet on the way home from work on Friday and then Saturday morning it was a whole different story. I can't image what could have happened over night. Evil Vanagon gremlins at work in the middle of the night. I guess it was my turn. good nite, paul