Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Feb 2011 23:24:40 -0800
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: S/S coolant pipes - a different vulnerability?
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net>

I've seen similar holes in fermentation tanks, but they were right on the welds. A bit like an inclusion, or a metallurgical fault caused by bad welding. Needless to say, having 1500 litres of product (under 1 bar of pressure) start to squirt out of such a hole makes repair a crisis moment :)

JB weld and straps saved the day.

alistair