Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Feb 2011 14:08:09 -0800
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Alternative Part & Design to Bosal Diesel Exhaust Hanger?
              (15* I4 Jetta engine)
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

Yah the # Mark provided got lots of hits via Google. Maybe some were for Canadian websites.

Didn't know the DV mount at the pan was double size. Assumed (from ETKA) that they were all the same.

The exhaust *was* mounted to the engine, but it recently "suffered" a roadside repair do to late rainy night camping clumsiness: <rolls eyes>

*http://tinyurl.com/4r7bsay **http://tinyurl.com/49np74g ** http://tinyurl.com/4qvoc7g*

Part of the thrust of this post was to find an easily available, (at a FLAPS) solution. Gotta pull my muffler and patch it, but after that I'll skootch around online and see what's up here in the Great White North via W0133-1638662

Good to know that the glasspack muffler works Scott. ( I assume that's what you were referring to. In part)

Neil.

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Scott Daniel - Turbovans < scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote:

> so far I'm not having trouble getting the stock DV rubber exh. mounts. > there is or wasm a rare 'double size' one for the oil pan bracket , that's > on a stock DV with engine mounted at 50 degrees. > for 50 degree turbo diesel installations, I just reproduce the stock DV set > up but in 'turbo with glasspack' ..works perfectly. > > for an upright engine ... > I 'might' do it that way too, probably would. > > I do like the traditional VW thing ( for rear mounted engiens ) of the > entire exhasut system is mounted to the engine only. > > > ----- Original Message ----- From: "neil n" <musomuso@GMAIL.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 11:49 AM > Subject: Re: Alternative Part & Design to Bosal Diesel Exhaust Hanger? (15* > I4 Jetta engine) > > > >> >> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:36 AM, mark drillock <mdrillock@cox.net> >> wrote: >> >>

> using the tranny mount. Use this number to find them many places. >>> >>> W0133-1638662 >>> >>

> neil n wrote: >>> >>> Out of 3 sources locally, the Bosal DV hangers seem to be NLA. I see that >>>> >>>

-- Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco"

http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines