Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:13:40 -0800
From:         mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: camping amidst bears, safety question
Comments: To: mcneely4@COX.NET

Those are not the facts as I read them a few months ago. 3 tents with people in them were attacked late at night. All of the victims had their food properly stored in bear boxes in the camp. The tents were not adjacent but quite spread apart at different locations. The bears attacked for reasons not understood.

Mark

Dave Mcneely wrote: > that is the incident I mentioned in an earlier post, Scott. Two people were killed, attacked in their tents. Mama and two cubs, cubs were older cubs. They were relocated. Mama was euthanized. Mama had been guilty of camp raiding before. Too bad about the two people, but too bad about the bears, too. They were punished for trying to make a living. At least the guys had committed a crime (they had food in their tent, a regular old on the ground tent. In grizzly country. > > mcneely > > ---- Scott Daniel - Turbovans<scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> wrote: >> exactly. >> last summer, near Kalispell MT I think.. >> a tent-sleeping camper or two were attacked right in their tents at night.. >> one person killed for sure. >> I think it was a mama bear and two cubs .. >> but right smack in a normally-feels-safe national forest campground I >> believe. >> >