Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:12:15 -0800
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: camping amidst bears, safety question

About 6 years ago, I stayed at a real nice campground near Lake Louise in Banff National Park, Canada.  They had a very fancy electric fence around the campground that looked like it meant business...Gulp!...must have had some agressive bear problems in the past.  Only time I've seen that.  Can't recall if they had a gate, too....but they must have.

(PS  Was also a weird sensation to be able to read a newspaper at 10:30 at night outdoors with no artificial light during the summer...that's the furthest north I've ever been.)

Rich San Diego