Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Feb 2011 09:13:00 -0500
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Last Launch of the space shuttles Discovery, Endeavor,
              and Atlantis
Comments: To: Anthony Egeln <regnsuzanne@yahoo.com>

My family has a place in Melborne Beach (just down the way from Cocoa). It's far enough from Kennedy to discourage crowds, but the beaches have a line of sight view (Though from 15 miles away) of the launch. You still see everything. These launches make ALOT of light. Just something to consider. There are public access points all along that beach that you could take a few chairs out and make an evening of it. I will say this, waiting for a shuttle launch is a very boring thing. You will get ansy and excited, and eager, but there may still be 2 hours to go. Then it launches, and it's sweet and all worth it.

Actually going to Kennedy and taking a tour while your down there is wise. It's ridiculously expensive now (I think close to $60 per person for the day?), but you might as well while you're down there. Florida is full of beauty and cool things to see. Make sure you make a vacation out of it!

-Craig (Travel from PA to florida for the last 10 Christmases) (Once in a vanagon).