Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:34:19 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine running COLD
Comments: To: Oxroad <oxroad@GMAIL.COM>

the guy lied to you .. either because he didn't actually know and didn't want to sound like he didn't , or just to get rid of you. 'parts moron' ..you got it. Some are great and sharp .....but not your average one.

yes....all german t-stats ( that I've ever seen at least ) have the temp stamped in them, for vanagons it's usually 80 or 87 degrees C.

80C is probably still just below the LED on the gauge .. and it would get to that temp in say, 5 miles or so, normally .. so sounds like it was running totally cold to me.

it's a very common failure. As I said earlier, if I test a dozen used wbxr t-stats as many as 3/4 of them open too soon.

Scott turbovans

----- Original Message ----- From: "Oxroad" <oxroad@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:48 PM Subject: Re: Engine running COLD