Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 Feb 2011 09:56:12 -0800
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Advice-New Ignition Switch/Cig Lighter/Fan Switch
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM>

pretty good right up on ign switch removal (with pics) here on ben's place

http://www.benplace.com/dash.htm

fan switch can be replaced with dash in. Need to take off heater control panel... and be careful pulling the control levers. They can be stiff, try pliers on shaft, not knob, and control the pull so that the don't come out suddenly and break the panel. The panel can be held in tight too, ease it off carefully, 2 bosses in panel go into holes in dash. Tight fit and brittle plastic means be gentle :)

I took some pics of how the lighter goes together

http://shufti.wordpress.com/2010/03/14/vanagon-lighter-socket/

From that you will see that it can't be tightened up much. Its a poor deign IMHO.

alistair