Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:58:23 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: LED Auxillary Brake and Turn Signal Lights
Comments: To: Daryl Christensen <daryl@aatransaxle.com>

I added some inexpensive additional taillights to my van last fall. I posted a link to my poor pics online one other time..here is the link again

https://picasaweb.google.com/dhanson928/ExtraVanTailLights#

I found these 'running lights' at one of the chain autoparts stores..I think they were under $5 each, including the bulbs. There are two bulbs in each. I modified them to make one bulb a full time running light and one is an added brake light. I mounted them at eye level for cars that are behind me, because the normal Vanagon lights are pretty low. I like having the extra brake lights right in front of people's noses. I wired them into the existing tail lights. It was a little tedious running the wires into the rear hatch.

These have been in operation on my hatch for about 6 months now without any problems. They do take some screw holes right into the body...so "Stock is Holy" Vanagonites may not want to even look at the pics....grin.

Don Hanson