Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 Feb 2011 12:45:50 -0600
From:         Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Advice-New Ignition Switch/Cig Lighter/Fan Switch
Comments: To: Larry Alofs <lalofs@gmail.com>

It sure does help, Larry. I out in a new(rebuilt)Bosch starter about 3 months ago. No corrosion on the battery cables, but I get a slow crank sometimes(when it is cold in Tx meaning below 32F). I have a new aux battery installed and wired to all the accesories and so that key removed turns off the stereo, etc. I noticed that the stereo was sometimes staying on and I had to jiggle the key, so I assume the ignition switch is going. I also have a VoltMinder to check each battery and noticed that the main battery dropped alarmingly during cranking. I hear the pump, but the starter turns slow. Battery did not exhaust, but went down. Gonna check the battery, but thought it couldn't hurt to replace the ignition switch while waiting for the outcome. Does this help any with your reply? Thanks again. Michael in San Antonio 91GL Weekender AT 2.1L 'Gringo'