Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 Feb 2011 16:27:01 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: air cooled piston weight/cylinder question
Comments: To: Joe Luther <jluther@ALFONS-HAAR.US>

hi. in my opinion any time air cooled vw engine's rings are disturbed, they should replaced.

you could weight the pistons and get four very close to the same weight that way. Check out the ole John Muir Idiot's Guide .

and ...if one piston is a teensy bit different in weight than the other three .. on a freshened up used engine .. I probably would have worried and fussed a lot more about that 25 years ago .. but these days ....I don't think it would matter than much really, unless the weight difference is quite a lot.

Scott ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Luther" <jluther@ALFONS-HAAR.US> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 3:22 PM Subject: air cooled piston weight/cylinder question