Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:31:06 -0500
From:         Jonathan Berg <jonbergga@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: power steering leak '91 VW Vanagon GL Campmobile,
              2.1 waterboxer

This is a slightly different use case, but I had good results with putting a couple of ounces of ATF stopleak in my system. Dried up any number of weeping spots. Might be worth a shot.

JB

On Wednesday, February 16, 2011, Ry <rylincoln@gmail.com> wrote: > If it's just the hydraulic hose and not something worse....I know the return > line can be easily replaced and can be done with a straight piece of > hydraulic hose from the top without a lift, I did mine for <10 bucks. It > goes from the reservoir to the passenger side firewall under the airbox. > Plus had enough left over to do the one short piece that is near the fuel > pump. > Not sure about the cost of other hoses that have fittings pressed on the > ends and maybe are formed(not straight). > > -Ry > http://www.google.com/profiles/rylincoln > > > On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@cox.net> wrote: > >> Power steering fluid is leaking from the reservoir, the hose connections, >> or the hoses themselves.  It appears most likely to be the connections of >> the two hoses at the reservoir.  How difficult a repair is this to do >> myself?  Where do the other ends of those hoses connect -- how hard to get >> to without a lift?  I assume that I will need to bleed air from the power >> steering system after the repair.  How difficult is that to do? >> >> Thanks, mcneely >> >