Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:11:31 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Belt squeal question
Comments: To: Robert Stevens <mtbiker62@GMAIL.COM>

Sounds like the belt needs a tad bit of tightening to me.

I have not had luck with 'belt dressing'.. but I've sure had great luck with candle wax.... just hold a candle against the running belt for 30 seconds or so.

Scott turbovans ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Stevens" <mtbiker62@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 11:11 AM Subject: Re: Belt squeal question

You know when you go to the doctor and tell him/her that "when I do this, it hurts?" .... and they say: "then don't do that."

Well, why not just turn the head light switch off and start the engine and let us know if this still happens?

I'd "treat" the belt with "treatment" that your FLAPS can provide. It sounds like an alternator-load-related matter to me.