Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Feb 2011 13:00:46 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Idle Stabilization parts Costs
Comments: To: Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>

ah sure .. but, from that page .. "We've confirmed that the flat four "Wasserboxer" engines as used on Vanagons use a different ignition system. The coil is controlled directly from the ECU, and it is not yet confirmed if the distributor input mods work with the stock distributor. Right now this article is only confirmed to work on inline motors. "

Ok....so right there they are saying they're not sure it will work with a wateroboxer.. and since they are referring to the control from the ECU .. they are only talking about 2.1's ..and perhaps not 1.9's at all..

my point being .. I'm sure when one has done a megasquirt conversion or two, it's a piece of cake. To me ....unless one can have a good conversation on the phone with a waterboxer-savy tech assitant at magasquirt.....seems like a bit of a learning curve.

I'd like to do one though. I have boxes of 1.9 and 2.1 fuel injection parts, ecu's , a few harnesses etc.. so might as well keep stock stuff working with all those parts.

none of my vanagons ever, ever get Vanagon syndrome. In every case of a wbxr engine not running right ...I can find ..usually.....several things not right. And once fixed, they run well again like they should.

scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Potts" <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:04 AM Subject: Re: Idle Stabilization parts Costs