Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Feb 2011 22:29:33 -0800
From:         Zeitgeist <gruengeist@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Nice 90 Carat FS in Santa Cruz

I bought this one (my fourth Vanagon) 7 years ago simply to operate as a utilitarian hauler...and it's done that task quite well. But, I'm getting nagging interest from the significant other to step up to something that can double-duty as an offroad camp-wagon as well, which means I may need to sell it to upgrade to a Syncro. We have a Quattro wagon (or two), but she'd like to consolidate the AWD vehicles, a concept with which I've been struggling to propose a counter-strategy. If I can't sell if for a decent amount, I might just have to double-down and convert it over to Syncro in my postage stamp-sized yard which sorta sucks. So yes, I do care about resale, but it's not been my primary motivator for either buying or keeping this funky old workhorse.