Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Feb 2011 11:13:58 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: coffee (was Joshua Tree snow scene)
Comments: To: mcneely4@cox.net

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@cox.net> wrote:

> ---- "Mark L. Hineline" <hineline@OCOTILLOFIELD.NET> wrote: > > On Feb 22, 2011, at 7:27 AM, John C... wrote: > > > > > Man! I can almost smell the coffee brewin' inside that bus !!! > > > > http://ocotillofield.net/blog/2011/02/22/coffee-in-the-westfalia/ > > Nothing beats coffee on a cold morning. Tea is great later in the day, for > those that like it (I do, especially when camping and it is cold, but it has > to be coffee in the morning). >

I found a perfect sized Stainless Steel Peculator type coffee pot. I think maybe it came from Mall Wart, but that could be wrong. It says "Copco" on the handle. Makes about 8 good sized cups of excellent coffee. Fits down in the cabinet beside the stove/fridge. I load it at night, then stick it on the stove without leaving my bed in the AM...The van gets nice and warm, the aroma fills up the interior while perking. Stainless even keeps the coffee OK tasting if I have any left over...I just put the partial pot back into the cabinet, amongst my cups and pans there, and it rides ok when traveling. Re-heat the left over first off for a 'jolt' while a fresh pot brews...

My SO has one of the French Press set ups, too...I don't much care for the coffee it makes. I like mine strong and plentiful...perking for a long time....you could probably put it in the gearbox.

Don Hanson