Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Feb 2011 16:22:17 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Blue slider vents in doors? 84 GL...wazzit these supposed to
              do?

Thanks all who replied. The Go Westy Library...very handy. I actually do have an owners manual. That didn't occur to me to look in there for the sliders in the doors.

Once you learn how the Vanagon's controls work, they do make some sense...And the heating and venting system works pretty well, once you get past it's two direction lever controls..and if your cables aren't kinked and the valve is still working to the heater radiator.. Until I read the Go Westie tech art. I was not aware the defrost lever would bring outside unheated air also. I think the manual says "defrost" setting is with the controls in the position shown on the fan switch...in my M.Y. van anyhow. Where I am now, with very dry air mostly, I can probably just slide over the top lever to clear the 'coffee steam' of the inside, once I get moving.

Anyhow, thanks for the explanations.

Don Hanson