Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Feb 2011 19:39:54 -0600
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: WD-40....Fact or Fiction?
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@gmail.com>

---- craig cowan <phishman068@gmail.com> wrote: > for anyone traveling > through the state of Wyoming in the summertime, as the air there is actually > saturated homogeneously with insects, with bodies which I presume are made > mostly of glue. Any traveler will soon find their windows inundated with > corpses and it will impede your ability to drive.

I drove the highway across east central Wyoming through the national grasslands and the spot called Bill, Wyoming summer before last in my VW camper. Grasshoppers were swarming over the road for a large part of the journey, as in locust swarms. The van seemed to be running a little hot, not excessively. When I pulled into a gas station in Douglas, business was swarming too, and an attendant was working the cars collecting payment at the pump side. When he walked in front of my van he just broke out laughing. The entire front of the van had a grasshopper frosting, in places more than one body deep. Both upper and lower grill were obscured, despite the wide gill spacing. I cleaned it, and washed the radiator. got on the interstate at that point, and the thing didn't get hot again (not until later pulling some grades).

mcneely