Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Mar 2011 16:43:52 -0800
From:         HotelWestfalia <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: How to get that (bleep) spare tire out (continued)
Comments: To: David M <covrambles@YAHOO.COM>

Hahahaha. I could just envision your battle. But for one who knows better, you are fine as it is. Most of those things are broken off by now. Lately I make a better pull tab out of coat hangers. But you can just pull the hook from under the tray and it will release. Just be a little careful not to hurt yourself in the process it falls to the ground. Once you know it, it's nothing. That bolt secures the tray to the body. That catch is making sure you don't get hurt while you are under the car. So, you wold pull the tab after and it falls dow to the ground. And when you finished with the wheel change and put a wheel back in the tray, you would slam the tray up with it inside and the catch will keep it from falling back down. After that you can put the bolt in and tighten it back up again. Once you done it, it will be more familiar. It's one of the simple but unusual thing on these vans. Have fun. Zoltan

----- Original Message ----- From: "David M" <covrambles@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 4:21 PM Subject: How to get that (bleep) spare tire out (continued)