Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Mar 2011 15:29:18 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] Washington state...changes in vehicle licensing
              rules..
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@gmail.com>,
          Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com>
Comments: cc: WetWesties <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>

well , what is a 'new' car exactly ? when you buy a car brand new at a dealership .. they are completely repsonsible that it meets all emissions standards, not the consumer.

it's bogus wording ..though the poster did say 'paraphrase' ..so maybe it's not preciesely what the notice says .. becuase ..it doesn't make that much sense.. the consumer is suppossed to be responsible that their new car 'complies with Ca Clean Air standards' .. like how ? drive to CA to get the car tested..? that doesn't make sense .. so something is off or bogus.. though I see governments making odd laws all the time.. ones they don't have the authority to actually make.. or that if tried enough ..with enough legal power ..would be shown to be unconstitutional.

here's a silly example.. I just read that in OR they new charge 75 cents recycling fee on a gallon of latex paint .. now if it really truly is a recylcling fee on that can of paint .. and you use the whole gallon ? ... so you're being taxed for a service you aren't going to use .....?

but that's how the world is these days .. each day, it gets sillier and sillier and less logical, and more tied up in its own bureaucratic craziness and stupidness. I am going to look up the orgin of the word 'stupid' .. it sounds so right for what it discribes !! ...'s t u p i d.' The poor stupid world. Whatever happened ?

Unleaded reg hit 3.49 and 3.50 per gal here in So Oregon this week.. and diesel is 4.09 per gal. ----- Original Message ----- From: Loren Busch To: Don Hanson Cc: WetWesties ; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 2:07 PM Subject: Re: [WetWesties] Washington state...changes in vehicle licensing rules..

RE:

> "be advised if you buy a new car it MUST now comply with California Clean > Air standards to be registered in Washington state." >

This has been coming for several years now. The legislature passed the law adopting the CARB standards for Washington State several years ago and they have slowly been implementing that. Hmm, any lawyers out there looking for a good class action law suit? How can residents of WAshinton have the laws and rules of another state imposed on them when they would have no standing to challenge such laws in the California courts? And what effect does such a law have on any appeal or judicial review of such laws and regulations have in Washington State? I'll bet the drafters of the Washington law think they have an answer for that but I bet a good attorney could shove it down their throats.

__._,_.___ Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2) Recent Activity: a.. New Members 4 Visit Your Group PICTURES! http://picasaweb.google.com/wetwesties/

Calendar of events: http://www.wetwesties.org/calendar

For technical resources: http://www.wetwesties.org/links.htm

Please conserve bandwidth and clip quoted material in your posts. Include only the information that is relevant to your response.

MARKETPLACE Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.