Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Mar 2011 12:09:50 -0800
From:         Rob <becida@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Bostig, CARB EO,
              the reasons why not WAS: [WetWesties] Washington state...changes
              in vehicle licensing rules..
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

At 3/6/2011 11:42 AM,Don Hanson wrote:

> Yes, the actual amount of emissions does seem like the most important >thing for helping the air quality. But it seems that California isn't >really that concerned with simple stuff like that with many of their regs. > > The amazing thing is that the citizens 'buy into it' and go along with >really nutty rules and regulations without a question... but no politics on >this list is the rule so ....shhhhh! > > Don Hanson

You might have missed this part of Jim's post where he address's the real problem. We can buy JDM Subaru motors with 40-50k miles on them here in the USA, Canada & the rest of the world because the laws in Japan are there to get used cars off the roads & new ones sold.

Wait until California puts a super high dollar pollution 'tax/fee' on cars over 100k miles, a tax that makes buying a new car a no brainer....

Rob becida@comcast.net