Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:15:43 -0800
From:         Robert Fisher <garciasghostvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Are Vanagons pretty?
Comments: To: Steven Johnson <sjohnso2000@gmail.com>

I had the idea that this had something to do with finding the draft of an unsent email msg to Grebneff on his iPhone. If there were drugs involved, I'm thinking that they had more to do with the purchase of the phone.

Cya, Robert On Mar 11, 2011 3:08 PM, "Steven Johnson" <sjohnso2000@gmail.com> wrote: > On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 10:15 AM, BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com> wrote: > >> I was at American Fencer's Supply to pick-up a chest protector. It's a kind >> of plastic 'skidplate' to dampen the impact when someone jabs a 3 foot long >> steel rod at your sternum. Anyway, I'm looking at wonderment at this >> flexible device with straps over the shoulder and around the chest. It >> looked like a flat version of Madonna's bustier. Right in the middle was a >> sticker that said "Made in New Zealand". >> >> Hey, I thought. Coincidental that I was eating a kiwi at the time. >> >> I put the device down and picked up another. I'm in the fruitPhone this >> time. Wow! I had 59 unfinished drafts. {click} {delete}. {click} {delete}. >> {click} {delete}. Too late to post those, I thought. By the time I got to >> the 4th one, I was taken aback. >> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ > >>>>>>>>>>>>> Um.... is it just me, > or did the drug start taking over in this paragraph???? > >> >> It might be late but I hope that in his own way, my old friend might read >> my answer. It was meant for him but shared with the List. Now everytime some >> angry guy comes charging at me with a foil or saber, and everytime I stab a >> spoon into that green fruit, I will miss my Canadian Kiwi friend -- just a >> little bit more. >> >> >> BenT >> >> >> written 4 months before that fateful day >> >> On Feb 28, 2010, at 1:36 PM, Andrew Grebneff <goose1047@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >> >> >> > >> > Not like the Split, which was pretty in any color or condition. But far >> more >> > attractive than the Bay, which was always a bit homely... possibly >> because it was just a new cab tacked onto a Split body. >> >> Snail beauty is in the eye of the musselholder. I'll bet most cavemen >> thought that ancient <insert name of prehistoric shellfish> was just some >> ugly thing which was good to eat. Show it to Snaiboi today and his legs fall >> out from under him at the relatively beauty of this species. >> >> > >> It's no different for cars and VW vans. They look fine new. Goes through >> the cycle if just looking OK an even uglyjunky that they devalue next to >> nothing. As they get older, they grow on us and start to look pretty to the >> point of being considered gorgeous. Value starts to climb exceeding their >> original as new prices. Some 9-year old kid would take one look at it and >> say, "Wow, they sure made some gorgeous vans back in the olden days. Nuthin' >> like these fusion powered garbage suckers that we see now. Heck these >> beautiful beasties they called Vanagons used REAL fossil fuel! Beautiful! >> I'm getting one just as soon as I get my PhD in engineering next year. Just >> beautiful." >> >> >> BenT >>