Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Mar 2011 20:51:04 +0000
From:         brett rueff <rueffy@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Surface Rust on Gas Tank (with pics)
Comments: To: musomuso@gmail.com

ahhh yess.....that picture is telling. New tank for me I think. My time is not worth the $$$$ to be pulling this tank out again in 3 years when it rusts through. I have my feelers out already in the vancouver area for a used one or a new one. Will see what happens when the businesses open tomorrow. To the other chap asking about the job. I was about 1.5 hours getting the tank out. Pretty easy. I have a gowesty kit. You could put a kit together yourself for far less than the $100 approx this kit was but I wasn't prepared to do all the running around getting bits. I did have to buy ear clamp pliers - the kit comes with ear clamps. They were $20 in Canada, im sure they would be half that in the US. Not having put things back together yet im not totally sure but it looks like I have everything I need for the fuel tank area. The fuel hose supplied looks a little stingy - a bit extra might be needed but I have that laying around the house and 1/4 or 3/16 fuel hose in short lengths from the FLAPS is cheap. Cheerio.....anybody selling a gas tank in the vancouver/northwest WA area? Brett