Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Mar 2011 05:17:21 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Replacing windshield seal
Comments: To: B Feddish <uprightbassghost@hotmail.com>

Cut the rubber from the outside by slipping a suitably blade between the glass and rubber. If you scar the paint, take care to repaint the spots.

It's best to have someone pressing on the outside whilst you pull the cord to reseat the new rubber. Use lots of soapy water. Start from the top down.

BenT

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 4:50 AM, B Feddish <uprightbassghost@hotmail.com>wrote:

> I'm going to take out my windshield when I paint this week. I'm sure it's > leaking and it's the original seal. I just ordered a new one from BD this > morning. > > How hard is this to put back in? I've done side windows before but never a > windshield. Is it too hard to do myself? Should I have a glass replacement > guy on standby to put the new one back in? > > Any tips on getting the old one out will be appreciated. > > BTW, the bodywork is all done, the van has been scruffed and wet sanded w/ > 400 grit all over. It's ready to tape but it won't be warm enough to paint > until the end of the week. The film is already in progress.... > > Bryan >

-- BenT