Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:49:04 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Diesel conversion
Comments: To: TJ Hemrick <x53gunner@gmail.com>

I saw your correction re engine mount angles.

Somewhat apples/oranges, but FWIW....

Intake and PVC valve removed, the valve cover on my ABA (2wd) is close to flush with deck. IIRC, the Syncro body's 2" higher. Injector pump etc. not withstanding, I wonder if you will have any engine lid interference?

Check out the TDI forum here: http://tinyurl.com/6avq3t3 IIRC, there's pics showing 15* installs on Syncros. You will likely find more vendor info too.

Is the 22* mount angle an option for reducing engine "height"?

Neil.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:15 AM, TJ Hemrick <x53gunner@gmail.com> wrote:

> they will do just parts.  FYI, just to avoid a flame war over "mounting > angles", I'd consider either the 15 degree or the 50 degree.  I was > previously against the 50 degree as I did not want to mod the engine cover > but I've softened my position on that since my Syncro won't be too bothered > if the back deck isn't "perfectly" flat. > > Thanks, > > TJ > 87 Syncro > 87 Wolfie >

-- Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco"

http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines