Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Mar 2011 07:51:13 -0700
From:         Paul Guzyk <paullist08@GUZYK.COM>
Subject:      Nice low mileage 88 Westy for sale in Sacremento

Not mine; so don't email me about it...

77k miles. $16,999. Young ones like this are getting harder and harder to find.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/2253654927.html

1988 Westfalia with brand new two coat clear coat paint job! I have photos before the paint job so that you can see there are no accidents and no dents. This is an excellent paint job and makes this Westy looks almost brand new! The pop top tent is in perfect condition. Those who know these vehicles can attest that the best years are 1988 through 1991. This is one of the finest examples I've seen in years. Owned by an older couple since new with all records, including the original window sticker. Original optional equipment: Titian Red Clearcoat Metallic: $375 Rear Window Wiper/Washer: $180 Radio Prep with Four Speakers: $215 Air Conditioning: $990 Waxoyl Rust Inhibitor: $377 Carat Wheels installed 1/5/89: $650 I have a diary of everything done to the van since new. Some of his updates include: Halogen fog lamps installed in 1993 Additional interior lamp Third brake light installed 8/10/94 for safer driving (light is high in the rear window) Rear hatch support Lock for oil and water check behind rear license plate Tinted windows 9/29/89. This is a big reason that the interior is so nice, cuts down ultra violet rays by 90%. Was also covered while not in use. I am including the cover. 8/15/90: installed Access headlamp lens covers to protect headlamps Just two months ago I replaced: pop top and luggage rack seals, wiper blades, windshield, and skylight. If you want a Westy that looks like it is only a couple years old, this is the one for you. I hate to sell it but my finances have recently changed. I've been driving it daily to and from work with no problems whatsoever.