Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:35:20 +0000
From:         J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Set Of 4 Vanagon Alloy Rims For Sale
Comments: To: Chris S <szpejankowski@GMAIL.COM>

Years ago I had to ship some rims, and going to a tire store that sold rims seemed to be a logical choice to get some sturdy boxes for shipping. No deal. Went to a couple of shops and was turned down. But remember, I live just outside Washington, DC, and there seems to be a general nastyness amoung businesses here, if your not spending money, get out. For example, my Mercedes sport rims that are going on my Vanagon. I bought the tires from Tire Rack. On Tire Rack's site, the closest "approved" shop is Hogan & Sons Goodyear, just 3 miles from my house, and they have agreed to mount and balance tires sold through Tire Rack for $19.00 a wheel. Now, I've had dealings in the past with Hogan & Sons, and it hasn't been good. They tried to convince me that some dirt in my coolant overflow tank on a Chevy van was caused by a blown head gasket. They didn't know who they were talking to! No head gasket and the van contnued to run just fine for years. Anyway, I took the tires and rims to Hogan & Sons and the manager refused to do the tires for $19.00/wheel, insisting on $40.00 per wheel. I finally got him to do it for $19.00/wheel, but he sternly said "never again". Guess what? Thats fine, because there won't be another time that I take ANY vehicle to Hogan & Sons-EVER! That's HOGAN & SONS GOODYEAR, located in Purcellvile, Virginia, but with many other locations in the DC area. Avoid them at all costs!!

Jeff Stewart

----- "Chris S" <szpejankowski@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

I picked up some wheel boxes from a local tire store to pack the   wheels I sold.   I could not ship them for less than $120 from GA to PA.

Chris.

Wysłane z iPhone'a