Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:32:40 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Surprise Party
Comments: To: george jannini <georgejoann@GMAIL.COM>

At 05:58 PM 3/17/2011, george jannini wrote: >secreting it inside the air conditioner plenum. It being kind of warm >this afternoon, I unwittingly jumped in and cranked the AC up to 11, >whereupon a Charmin blizzard occurred.

Kekekeke....I bought a Camry for small money some years ago, turned out it had sat in a barn for a year or two with the window open. Among other little oddities, a funny sort of mousy smell from the ventilators that wasn't really noticeable at first but grew on you. About the third time I used the fan there was a thump and the fan tried to tear itself apart - the nest turned out to be made of amongst many other things the cotton, not the plastic sticks, from an entire large box of Q-tips. Never could get rid of the smell which I gradually found more and more revolting. The car was stolen from the driveway, turns out 90-95 Camrys you can do it with a worn-out key. SP recovered the car that night but didn't tell the city, or the city didn't tell me. Two weeks later I get a whacking great bill from the impound. Went down, paid them half as much as I'd paid for the car - and one o'clock the next morning heard a noise, went and saw the taillights disappearing around the corner. Got it back the next day, treated not nearly so gently as the first kids had, and decided it was a Sign from Above. Which apparently I misinterpreted because I turned it in for pennies on a '98 Accord with the $lectronically $ontrolled $ransmission from $ell. And I thought Vanagons were expensive.

The Camry had the cushiest front seats I ever sat in though. Every time I sat down I felt as though I was doing something dirty.

Yrs, d