Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Mar 2011 12:03:34 -0800
From:         Troy <colorworks@GCI.NET>
Subject:      Re: Reed Switch/water level sensor
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net>

Many thanks David! If I know Digikey, they want $3 for the part and $20 to ship it, but will have to check. I think I will go with eBay... thanks for the correction about the type of switch as well. It makes sense that it's a single pole, as it only has a single power source. The double throw part I assume lights the yellow and red LEDs.

As to the other sender units mentioned, if one uses a different receiver gauge, it's possible. I just don't see any subminiature gauges that might look good mounted in the stove panel. I spoke with West Marine about this earlier.

I do agree that the one that uses the electrodes is not very elegant, but it would work too.

I will break out the solder gun and get busy! Wish me luck.

Troy