Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Mar 2011 19:53:48 -0700
From:         Phil Zimmerman <philzimm1@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Friday Mac help

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 20:30:25 -0500

Hi everyone, friday Mac help needed.

I am trying to resurrect my old iBook G4 with a 1.33 Ghz Power PC chip and 512 MB of RAM. I was hoping it would distract my 2 year old from the computer we use day to day. She mostly watches videos on YouTube or Netflix. Now Netflix won't even work with a PowerPC chip and YouTube is really choppy.

Is there any hope with a RAM upgrade or is this computer beyond saving?

Thanks everyone. Pmail please. Jeff Palmer --------------

Jeff,

Ok on the Pmail but as this is still Friday… nope. Straight goods only no censor well, as long as we keep this Gee rated…

The YouTube and Netflix issues are part: an OS 10.3, Java and/or Video Card issue… Sorry Jeff… it's Apple forced upgrade time (again). Additional ram will not help much, if any. What OS are you running? Most iBooks will run OS 10.4 or 10.5 ….this upgrade will probably help… but, not easy to find that software anymore. Not free anyway.

Sorry…. your two year old runs a laptop? Sheeze, I waited until I was 50 before buying my first portable…. Gads how things change… 8>( Aaah, may I suggest a box of Crayons?

Phil Z macbookPro, 10.6.6