Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Mar 2011 20:23:18 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: fancy front wheel bearing nut with clamp
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>

lol. i'm sure you might be familiar with 80's era mercedes cars.

if you ever work on them very much .. and find out how incredibly they handle.. an 80's era Benz car can carve through a curve full of pot holes at 60 mph .. and go exactly where you point it ....no matter what.. to the degree that nothing you could do with the brakes or throttle could make it deviate from where you point it .. that's in their safey/engineering handling .. in their quality of construction .. beleive me . 3 times as much quality german metal and careful solid construction goes into building mercedes cars of that era. They are massively overbuilt even, with exceptionally high quality materials. the pistons in my 40 year old inline six gasoline 250 Sedan have about 300,000 miles on them... no smoking, no knocking ...etc.. they are incredibly well made cars .. last though .. if you just drive one around .. 'sure...seems like an ok car' .. I tell people...drive one across nevada at 100mph for a hours at a time.. and you'll start understanding that they are in a whole catagory of engineering and quality that most cars don't come anywhere near. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Alistair Bell" <albell@SHAW.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 7:33 PM Subject: Re: fancy front wheel bearing nut with clamp