Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Mar 2011 21:26:59 -0600
From:         miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: '91 Westfalia for Sale, Hammond, IN
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

I think it's actually priced right and that throws us into a tail spin. This is a reasonable price if you intend to make the repairs and use it. This is not a money maker. It needs many Ks......I've done better, many times. If you know what to look for, you can do reasonably well in the 8K/9K range. Something rust free, not needing body work and not needing 3000 little things. What is this? Is this a good deal? Well, it depends on your intentions. I usually have three vans going at the same time. One is definitely for a reasonable profit, another is a charity case (I got it cheap and make lots of repairs and you get it cheap because you need it and I need the good karma baby!) the third one is, well, I don't know, but I always have one going that I love one day and hate the next.... In short....this one is a charity case. I would have this one at 4K, in the back burner and make it reasonably dependable and get some happy sucker into it that really could not have done it otherwise. They would love me, then hate me........ Miguel

Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. - Bill Vaughan

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 8:29 PM, Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote: > The impression I get is that it is a van that was 'just driven' .. > like as long as it fired up and went... > nothing, but nothing was done. > > just run into the ground likely. > One thing to watch out for in used vans are when they have abused and > driven, until 'one system' broke. and was then repaired......say it got a > rebuilt trans .. > meanwhile..all the other neglected systems were just driven into the > ground...and all of them are getting pretty tired....and wanting the new > owner's money. > > looks pretty shaky to me. Or sounds that way based on the comments about it > . > Shame too .. a special vehicle too. > ----- Original Message ----- > From: <JordanVw@AOL.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:52 PM > Subject: Re: '91 Westfalia for Sale, Hammond, IN > > >> In a message dated 3/15/2011 9:34:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  Jo >> rdanVw@AOL.COM writes: >> >> psshht.  hardly 10 grand in bodywork..    most westys  out there have >> seam >> rust now, 25 yrs later..  this its still too cheap of a   price for a '91 >> full >> westy that runs and drives.    if it  were  local (and legit) id jump on >> it >> at that  price. >> >> >> >> ps..and i didn't even see the mileage..98k.  if that's actual mileage >> then >> its definitely worth it.   y'all west coasters with your >> "never-driven-on-salted-road garage queen creampuffs" are spoiled.. >> >> (wait, mines in a garage right now too LOL)  but if i lived and  parked in >> the city it would probably look like that too. >> >> still, someone will get a deal if this is actually legit.   i would go for >> it. >