Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Mar 2011 23:26:15 -0800
From:         Troy <colorworks@GCI.NET>
Subject:      Re: camper conversion other than Volkswagen
Comments: To: Paul <wognacious@gmail.com>

Hey Paul, perhaps you need to take a puff off of that funny smelling cigarette and chill! This is a Friday topic and yes it's off topic. As of tomorrow I put back on my vanagon hat (never really took it off ) and resume normal on topic discussions . I have $23,000 invested in my 89 Vanagon. It has a Subaru 2.2 with 14K on it, rebuilt transmission with Peloquin limited slip differential from Ken at German transaxle, new CV's, shocks, 16 inch tires, new brakes, new fridge, some new upholstery, the list goes on. I have contributed quite a few ideas to the list. I have a right to be here. I'm not trying to convert anybody. Sorry you feel so threatened by talk of another van conversion. I have no intentions of selling my beloved westy, I was merely asking folks to comment (good or bad) about this van I never heard of called a "Roadtrek", which coincidentally was mentioned on a review of the "California" T5. I posted the comment according to list rules for off topic subjects. So, I think you've made your contribution! Take it easy man, I'm on your side! The small 170 roadtrek is actually only 2 feet longer than the Vanagon and about 8" wider. Not exactly your typical RV. I'm sure they have their place, just as our westy's do.

Troy

You're on the wrong list. This place is for people who have Vanagons and want to share Vanagon experiences, good and or bad, with each other. I come to this place to be with my kind. I don't want to be led into temptation with talk about other stuff out there you Judas. Go away, sell your Vanagon and submit youself to the lifestlye of the "RV" people. Buy some bright colored plaid polyester pants that go up to your armpits, let your nose and ear hair grow out and toss out that fake grass stuff to put your lawn chair on and mumble about those people in the VW bus type thing parked next to you and the funny smelling cigaretts some of us smoke. But don't come here to talk about whatever it is that you were talking about that pissed me off on a Fryday night on the "VANAGON" list. just venting but some of it was real, Paul Rogers proud owner of a 85 WWW