Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Mar 2011 18:54:04 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: 82westie 1.6 diesel upgrade
Comments: To: ralph meyermann <ralphmeyermann@gmail.com>

Hi Ralph, don't really understand your question. all 1.6's and 1.9's up to TDI's ... are conventional pre-chamber purely mechanical diesel engines.

the TDI ..starting with the 1Z engine code in 1995, in the US, in the Passat car .. those have direct injection ( not pre-chamber ) and use a mechanical injection pump .. and it's electronically controlled.. throttle by wire.. there are only wires and an ECU between your foot and the injection pump. More complicated of course.. buy more power and fuel economy too.

scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: ralph meyermann To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans Cc: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:53 PM Subject: Re: 82westie 1.6 diesel upgrade

How is the injection system still mechanical and which years of jetta